Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Placido Polanco out for Elbow

Placido Polanco re-injured his right elbow and he needs surgery. He injured the elbow in the first inning of the Philadelphia Phillies spring training game against the Blue Jays.

Polanco Hyperextended his right elbow in first and last at bat of the game against the Toronto Blue Jays. In the bottom half of the inning he stayed to play defense, but he was replaced by Wilson Valdez when the second inning began.

"It's just a day-to day thing I think," polanco said. "when I've had it before, I never stopped playing. But since I had surgery, they took me out."

Polanco was limited to 132 games last year because he a had chronic elbow pains. He had scar tissues and bone spurs removed from his arm when he had surgery in November.

"It's right where I had surgery, but it's nothing bad," Polanco said. The only reason Polanco can't play through the injury is because he had surgery on it.

2 comments:

  1. Good grief......what else can happen to the Phillies before the start of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't good news. Hopefully the rest will help and he'll be ready to play when the season starts.

    ReplyDelete